Degnon Associates, Inc is an accredited association management company serving not-for-profit health, scientific and medical related organizations. Degnon is seeking a full-time junior accountant to primarily support payable and receivables functions for several clients. In addition, the position will help with onboarding new clients, audit prep, fiscal review prep, and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Director of Accounting Services. The ideal candidate takes initiative and has strong time management, organizational and technology skills. Individuals who can successfully multi-task and who learn quickly will be the best candidates. This position is a hybrid work position in the office and at home. Degnon Associates is dedicated to developing a supportive workplace culture and inclusive environment for its team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding client team service and support
- Support client processing of income and expenses including but not limited to paying invoices, preparing checks, deposits and working with client teams on monthly credit card settlements
- Data entry for QuickBooks reports
- Perform tasks as needed to onboard new clients’ finances
- Support audit and fiscal reviews data compilation
- Answer client team questions
- Assist with insurance, 1099 filings, and state filing preparation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Associates’ degree in accounting is required
- Association, non-profit or AMC experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks, Bill.com, and Microsoft Office Interest in learning and gaining proficiency in new skills.
- Accounting and association experience
- Experience in receivables and payables.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills essential, along
- Strong ability to multitask.
Job Type: Full Time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Primary Work Location: McLean, VA
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.